Today I’m sharing How to Make Fondant Sheep Face Cupcake Toppers. Did you see Parts 1, 2 and 4 of the series? You can see them here: How to Make a Fondant Chick Cupcake Topper, How to Make Cow Face Cupcake Topper and How to Make a Fondant Pig Face Cupcake Topper.
The first few times I did sheep cupcakes, I actually did the quite different… covering most of the cupcake in mini marshmallows and then only making a tiny face. You can see some of those sheep cupcakes here and here.
The problem with those was the marshmallows fell off pretty easily and they didn’t seem to “match” the rest of the farm animals… so this time around, I came up with something new!
PS. I’d love it if you’d pin this post… just hover over the picture and the “Pin It” button appears in the upper right corner!
To do the fondant pig face cupcake toppers, you’ll need the following (shown in step 1):
- Black & White Fondant; I used homemade marshmallow fondant (for the white) and Satin Ice Black Vanilla fondant.
- A black food marker
- Sugar Glue
- Paint brush
- Fluted Round Cookie Cutter, about 2″ (I had a very old Tupperware one… but I need to invest in a good set!)
- Small oval cookie cutter (for the face)
- Mini oval shaped cutter (for the ears)
- A small pointed gum paste tool – I used the one from this Wilton Gum Paste tools set, but you could also get a set SUPER cheap if you check out this deal!
- Small Rolling Pin (I use the Wilton 9″ fondant rolling pin)
The pictures are self-explanatory. Roll out the white marshmallow fondant and cut out fluted 2″ round circles. Then cut out the oval (for the face) and the tiny ovals (for the ears). I attach them with sugar glue to the circle circle. After that, I use tiny white balls of fondant for the eyes, then draw on the pupils. I used the pointy gum paste tool to make the nose holes. !! That’s it!
If you like these, you may also want to check out my sheep cake pops!
One or more links in this post are referral and/or affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.