It's just after midnight so technically I missed "day 5" of the Write 31 Days Challenge, but since I'm still up and just finished Day 5 on my other blog (before midnight... yay!), I wanted to keep my streak up and write here too... so here goes! A few months back I was asked to do these Yellow Rose Cookies for a sorority.
The yellow rose is their signature flower and while she sent me a few other ideas - the rose immediately stuck in my head.
I remembered seeing some beautiful whimsical yellow rose cookies on Bake at 350 several years back, so I looked them up, sent a pic to my clients and they loved them!
The only problem with those cookies was Bridget hand-cut them and I really really didn't want to hand-cut 60 cookies...
With a little more research, I found that I could buy a very similarly shaped whimsical rose cookie cutter on Etsy, and I did just that!
Once I had the cookie cutter, the cookies were really pretty easy to pull together.
Yellow Rose Cookies
Here's the breakdown:
- First I baked the cookies using this perfect roll-out sugar cookie recipe.
- Next, I mixed up this royal icing and colored it the whole batch yellow (yes, all!).
- I used a mix of Americolor Lemon Yellow and Americolor Egg Yellow.
- When I began icing them, I flooded the whole cookie with yellow (except the leaf).
- After it dried for at least an hour, I went back and piped on the swiggly lines.
- When I had them all to that stage, I added green gel coloring to the remaining yellow frosting and went back and did the same steps on the leaves.
- First, I flooded them. Then I piped the lines on top for definition after they dried for awhile.
- And that was it... easy-peasy!
Did I miss any details? If so, leave me a comment! Happy Caking!
Absolutely beautiful! I love this color!
These are adorable! I've been wanting to make sugar cookies, but have been a bit intimidated by it so far. Eventually I will get myself to finally try it out!
These roses are so pretty! Delicate and elegant!
Thank you Wendy!
They are so pretty. Thank goodness for cookie cutters! I found some online a few years ago which I needed to cut sandwiches for a construction themed baby shower I hosted. Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Monday.
Looks so beautiful. Thank you for linking up with us at #HomeMattersParty .See you again next week.