Soooo, I’ve been asked again and again and again about posting my Oreo Cookies & Cream Filling Recipe and finally, I’ve gone and done it! Yay!
This recipe is so, so good! I love to use it to fill cakes and cupcakes, chocolate or vanilla! It’s not really meant to be used as a frosting because it’s super soft and also pretty chunky, but you can pipe it into a cupcake or put piles of it between layers of cake!
If you want to put together cupcakes like these, you can find my chocolate cake recipe here. Then when they’re cooled, fill with the Oreo Cookies & Cream Filling. You can see how I fill cupcakes with a thick filling here.
I frosted these with cream cheese buttercream frosting and then topped them with a Double Stuf Oreo! Cupcake Heaven!!
Maybe you don’t want a cupcake… how about a mouth-watering cake?
This Oreo Cookies & Cream Filling is the same filling that I used on that ooey-gooey Dark Chocolate Cake with Dark Chocolate Chips , Oreo Cream Filling & Rich Delicious Ganache Cake that I posted on Facebook awhile back!
To make that cake, bake 3 layers of chocolate cake (stir some dark chocolate chips into the batter at the end). When it’s cooled, pour ganache over the bottom cake, then pile on the Oreo Cookies & Cream Filling. Repeat twice more and enjoy!!
Anywho… here’s the recipe:
- 8 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature (takes about 2 hours to reach room temp)
- 4 oz. salted butter, at room temperature (1 stick)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 12 crushed Double Stuf Oreos (I do mine in a food processor), or any chocolate sandwich cookie will work!
- 1-2 tablespoons heavy cream, as needed
- Cream together the cream cheese, butter, and vanilla until smooth. Mix in the powdered sugar until smooth. Fold in the crushed cookies.
- Use immediately to fill cakes or cupcakes or refrigerate until ready to use. If you refrigerate it, it will thicken. Use 1-2 tablespoons of heavy cream to thin it again to a good consistency for filling!
- Tip: Cakes and cupcake that are filled with Oreo Cookies & Cream filling should be refrigerated until time to serve!
So… are you a fan of Oreo’s? Will you be making this filling?