I love when blueberry season comes around! One of my go-to recipes this time of year is definitely this Blueberry Muffins Recipe.
I remember as a little kid going to my great aunt’s home and picking blueberries by the bucket full from her big bountiful bushes. How’s that for alliteration!? 😉 We have our own bush now that we’ve grown from just a cutting from the bushes at my parents’ home. It took a few years, but now it produces enough for us to eat as a snack AND make a recipe with! haha.
My daughter came in with enough blueberries to make some muffins the other day, so I made the first batch of the season for my nieces and my kids. They were devoured in minutes!
My husband came home from work and saw the muffin tin that had the telltale signs of having baked the blueberry muffins and told me he was genuinely disappointed that he missed out on them. Not to worry – I made him some for breakfast a couple of days later. 🙂
These muffins are made with ingredients I usually have in my pantry, so whipping them up is a breeze. I usually use self-rising flour because it’s easy and works great, but I also will use a mixture of all purpose flour and baking powder if that’s what I have on hand.
If I’m feeling fancy, I’ll even add in some vanilla extract…it’s totally optional, but gives them a little something extra!
Alright, here’s the printable recipe for you!Print
Quick, easy, and delicious homemade blueberry muffins perfect for breakfast or a snack!
- 1 1/2 cups (192 grams) Self-Rising Flour*
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 2/3 cup Milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Blueberries
- *You can substitute 1 1/2 cups (186 grams) of All Purpose Flour, 2 1/4 tsp Baking Powder & 3/4 tsp Salt for the Self-Rising Flour
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and grease muffin tin.
- Mix dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, mix egg, milk, oil, and vanilla.
- Add all at once to the dry mixture. Mix only until flour is moistened.
- Gently fold in the blueberries.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Makes one dozen muffins
You can check out other popular breakfast recipes here:
Pin the Blueberry Muffins Recipe: