What better way to start your day than Double Chocolate Muffins? I mean truly… dessert for breakfast? That’s what I call heaven.
With the way my week is going, I need a little heaven to wake up to!
After our trip to Texas over the weekend, things have sort of gone downhill. There was a problem at work for Richy, so the day we got home, he was unexpectedly put on a 12 hour night shift. He’ll have to do this 6 days a week, indefinitely.
Ya’ll. This is not good. With the kids home all day and night (hello homeschooling), I have to keep them quiet while he sleeps from 8am until 4pm. Our house is small and old and our walls are thin. It’s sort of a nightmare.
Then he wakes up, we get to see him for 2 hours and he’s leaving for work again. Ugh.
Enough complaining. I’m grateful that he has a job. I’m thankful that homeschooling allows us a flexible schedule. And hey… overtime pay is nothing to sneeze at so at least there’s that!
But under the circumstances, I need to wake up to that muffin, right? It might help Richy a little too… to walk in the door to a warm chocolatey muffin before he goes to bed.
Who am I kidding? He’s not really a “dessert for breakfast” kind of guy, but I can pretend I’m doing it for him… hahaha.
Anyway, because of the sheer amount of baking I do with my cake business, I honestly don’t bake for breakfast much. But when I do crank up the ovens in the morning – it’s gonna be for muffins! Blueberry, Chocolate Chip, Sour Cream Banana and now Double Chocolate. They’re all my favorites!!
Here’s the recipe for you:Print
- 1½ Cups all-purpose flour
- ½ Cup cocoa powder
- 1 Tsp salt
- ½ Cup chocolate chips
- ½ Cup whole milk
- ½ Cup salted butter
- ¾ Cup sugar
- 1 Tsp baking powder
- 2 Large Eggs
- Chocolate syrup, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 370°F.
- Place the butter in a bowl and soften it in the microwave for 10 seconds. Add the all-purpose flour, sugar, baking powder, cocoa powder, salt, and butter. Mix together until well combined.
- Incorporate the eggs, chocolate chips, and milk. Stir continuously for 4 minutes. Place baking cups in a muffin pan and pour the mixture into the cups then bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let them cool down on a rack. Drizzle with the chocolate syrup. Enjoy!
- If you are feeling extra indulgent, add a spoonful of chocolate hazelnut spread into the batter.
- Category: Breakfast