This Sugar-Free Pineapple Lush Cake has been one of the most popular posts on my blog lately so it seemed like a great time to update it!
Originally I created this cake for a lady in our church who had just come out of surgery. I was happy to do it, but also a bit nervous because she's diabetic.
After a bit of digging through some old cookbooks, I decided to make this Sugar-Free Pineapple Lush Cake.
Only one other time have I baked a sugar-free cake and it wasn't all that impressive, so this time I wanted to try something different.
After I first published this recipe, I had several complaints about it not being actually "sugar-free" since pineapple has sugar. That is true. I supposed I should've noted that there's no added or processed sugar - only the sugar naturally occurring in the pineapple, which is acceptable for most diabetics in moderation.
If you need something that's absolutely sugar-free, then this might not be the cake for you!
Anyway, I was short on time and limited by my tiny local grocery store - I decided to go the easy route and not attempt anything from scratch, so this recipe was perfect. Here are the main things you'll need...
Sugar-Free Pineapple Lush Cake
First, just followed the box directions exactly. That's pretty easy, huh? I have in my head a few variations I'd to try, but since I was short on time, I kept it simple. After it's baked, let it cool completely!
Also, I didn't want her to have to be concerned with returning dishes... so this made it easy on her!
Next, for the "frosting", I wanted to get a little fancier. Not too much - it's still super easy - but the result is yummy!! This combination is based on a recipe I have for a Pineapple-Mandarin Cake (YUM-YUM) that has a very similar topping!
All you'll need to do is mix together 1 (1.5 oz) box of instant sugar-free vanilla pudding, 1 (8 oz) container of sugar-free Cool Whip, and 1 (20 oz) can of crushed pineapple (in juice - not syrup!!).
Then spread it onto the baked, cooled cake (right in the pan!). Last, pop it in the frig to chill for at least an hour. The "frosting" will thicken up and and be a wonderful, creamy cloud of deliciousness!
The Printable Recipe
Here''s the printable version for Sugar-Free Pineapple Lush Cake and please pin it if you like it... just hover over the picture and the "Pin It" button will appear:Print
Light and moist Sugar free Pineapple Lush Cake!
- 1 Pillsbury Sugar-Free Yellow Cake, prepared according to package directions in a 9x13 pan
- (you'll need eggs, oil, and water for the cake mix!)
- 1 (8 oz) container of Sugar-Free Cool Whip
- 1 (20 oz) can of crushed pineapple in juice (undrained)
- 1 (1.5 oz) box of Jell-O Sugar-free Instant Vanilla pudding mix (just the mix, do not make the pudding!)
- Bake the cake in a 9x13" cake pan according to package directions. Allow it to cool completely!!
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the dry pudding mix, Cool Whip, and pineapple. Mix it until it's thoroughly combined!
- Spread over the chilled cake (right in the pan!) and let it to chill for at least an hour!
- Category: Desserts
Keywords: easy, sugar free, no sugar added, pineapple, lush, cake, recipes, diabetics, pillsbury