If you are looking for the best Grinch cakes on the internet, we’ve got you covered with the 10 Best Grinch Cakes for Christmas + Details for How to Make an Easy Grinch Cake!
Find fun, festive and easy Grinch cakes for this holiday season. Any of these would be perfect for a Christmas Party or a Grinch Birthday Party.
Even better, I'm sharing details on the Easy Grinch Cake that I made so you can make it too!
This Easy Grinch Cake was so fun to put together and my client absolutely loved it! So let me give you the instructions to make this cake.
How to Make an Easy Grinch Cake!
This cake was an 8-inch round cake baked in my favorite Magic Line Pans. The flavor was White Almond Sour Cream with vanilla buttercream. You can find the cake recipe here and the frosting recipe here.
To get the perfect shade of green, I used a mixture of Americolor Electric Green Gel color and Americolor Leaf Green Gel color.
After smooth frosting the cake (see my How to Smooth Frost a Buttercream Cake video here), I put it in the fridge to chill while I worked on the decorations.
For the hat, hand, and face, I purchased these Grinch images on Etsy, then printed them on cardstock and cut out the hat and hand (with Christmas ball).
I made the banner using Picmonkey - you can enter your email address here and I'm happy to send it the banner you (you will be agreeing to sign up for my email newsletter).
For the face, I printed out the image, then laid wax paper over it and piped it using black, red, and yellow buttercream. I froze the buttercream transfer image, then pressed it onto the cake and peeled the wax paper off. It worked pretty well (although I wish it had been a little cleaner).
If you're not familiar with this method, you can see more about buttercream transfers here or a more broad use here with Wilton.
The only other thing you'll need is a hot glue gun and striped straws to assemble the banner.
After I had all the cake toppers printed and assembled, I took the cake out of the fridge, used Green Color Mist Spray to add a little extra voom-voom to the green, then applied the buttercream transfer face, then added the paper toppers!
BOOM - done! And so, so cute!
Need another dessert to go with your Grinch Cake? How some Easy Grinch Cake Mix Cookies...
Here's an easy recipe with only a few ingredients for these chewy cake mix cookies. You make them "Grinch" themed with a drop of green gel food coloring, a dusting of confectioners sugar and " target="_blank" rel="noreferrer noopener nofollow">large red heart sprinkles.
12 Best Grinch Cakes for Christmas
- My Grinch Cake is #1... haha! I made this cake for a Christmas photo shoot and I have at least three more ordered for Christmas parties or family gatherings.
2. This Grinch Cake was made by Smash Cakery. I love, love, LOVE this sweet, perfect cake! The bow, the polka dots, the sculpted Grinch head... I'm smitten with all of it!
3. Another super fun Grinch Cake with polka dots!! This cake was my by Pastry is Art and it truly is a flawless piece of art!
4. The stripes are really what make this cake shine. And of course the sculpted head! The artist for this cake is Gât-O Cakes!!
5. Sweet Revenge Bake Shop mastered the stripes and drip for this Grinch cake!
Shop for Grinch Party Fun here:
Grinch Party & Cake DecorationsBuy Now →
6. If a dramatic or detailed cake is not your style, go easy on yourself and make this Grinch Cupcake Cake. Tutorial by Sweetwater Cakes is here on YouTube.
7. This showstopper Grinch cake is not only perfectly piped... it has a surprise on the inside. Go see here at Sugar Hero.
8. If you loved my Wonky Nutcracker Cake, you might also love this wonky Grinch Cake by The Smila's Bake Shop! How fun is that?!
9. Okay - this is not a cake, but these Grinch Cupcakes are so stinkin' cute! And you can see a video of how they're made by CakedbyRach over on TikTok.
10. Saving the best (ahem... easiest) for last... if you really want to do a simple cake but keep the spirit of the Grinch - try this Grinch Bundt Cake by This Worthey Life.
More Christmas Grinch Cakes...
Update - I'm adding a few more Grinch Cakes from my Facebook group: All Things Cake (I'd love for you to join!):
I love this cake by Kianna's Kreations!! So fun and unique!
Cakes by Faby shared this Grinch cake loaded with all the pretty Christmas candy!
Okay - this little Grinch cake is so cute with his mean face, but I'm also loving the stand he's on - courtesy of Baked by Cookie.
The trees are what caught my attention on this Grinch cake by Cindy K. Cake Creations.
And this last one just made me smile so big... the snowflakes and Christmas lights, so so fun! Cake by Sugar Kisses.
I hope you've enjoyed these Grinch Cakes and have a very Merry Christmas!
Leave a Reply