Christmas Crunch Popcorn Snack Mix is the perfect sweet and salty treat! This easy and addictive snack can be thrown together in less than 10 minutes and ready to go!
I’ve made popcorn snack mix like this about a million times and for every occasion under the sun – including Easy Easter Bunny Snack Mix and this Fall M&M’s & Popcorn Snack Mix and of course… my favorite Candy Corn Snack Mix – but for whatever reason, I can’t remember ever making it for (or around) Christmas. But now I have and I’m calling it Christmas Crunch Popcorn Snack Mix.
You see yesterday, after talking to Amy, who was making some while we chatted… I just could.not.quit. thinking about it. I got a “hankerin'” for it, as my mama used to say. When I woke up today still thinking about it, I told the kids I wanted to make some, so they helped and we mixed up some!
MAKE IT YOUR OWN
I already had the Christmas M&M’s on hand … because that’s a staple in everybody’s kitchen around Christmas, right? And we always have microwave popcorn and white almond bark. Those are also staples in our house. As a bonus, I had pretzels (not so common in our house) but Amy’s mix had pretzels which made me really want them too!
So, that was that… about 5 minutes later we had a delicious afternoon snack ready. Unfortunately, being the mean blogging Mommy that I am, I tortured the kids by not letting them eat any until I took pictures and checked pictures and then more pictures… just so I could share it with YOU! Now that I think about it – my kids should be mad at YOU, not ME, right?
Just kidding. I think 😉
Are you ready to make some of this totally addictive snack mix? I promise you won’t be able to put it down!! Oooh, and if you need snack for a party, or want to bag it up for class favors – kids and adults alike love this stuff!! To see more pics with instructions and sweet little bags I made for Easter, check out my Easter Bunny Snack Mix post here – I have step-by-steps!
Okay – here you go:Print
The perfect sweet and salty treat! This easy and addictive snack can be thrown together in less than 10 minutes and ready to go!
- 8–10 cups of popped popcorn (microwave or homemade)
- 8 ounces of white candy melts or almond bark
- 1 cup M&Ms,
- 1 cup Pretzels
- Christmas Sprinkles
- Pop the popcorn and pour into a large bowl. I used microwave (the “extra butter” variety but you could use air popped or whatever is your favorite! Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or wax paper. Spread the popcorn out on the cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle the M&M’s and pretzels evenly over the popcorn. Melt white chocolate and pour over the popcorn mix. I do this by chopping up the almond bark, then putting it in a microwave-safe measuring cup and microwaving for 1 minute. Stir and microwave again – in 30 second intervals until smooth and completely melted.
- Pour it over the popcorn, then gently stir it up to coat the popcorn. Sprinkle with Christmas sprinkles to make it extra festive!! 🙂 Let it dry/harden, then break it up and enjoy!
- PS. If you want to speed up the drying/hardening, pop it in the fridge or freezer for a couple of minutes!
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Microwave
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: popcorn, snack mix, christmas, crunchy, christmas snack mix, m&ms, pretzels