Today I want to share with you a delicious simple homemade vanilla ice cream recipe. There are two reasons I made this ice cream. First, for my birthday in May my hubby bought me a new Kitchenaid Ice Cream Maker attachment. Sadly, I’ve only gotten to play with it a few times and that’s just a shame.
Then back in July, Nielsen-Massey contacted me about trying their Pure Vanilla Extract in an ice cream recipe… I couldn’t find any good reason to say no! I get to try a new brand of vanilla (which I love), eat ice cream as part of my “work”, and play with my new attachment one more time. Win, Win, Win!
After trying this vanilla, I have to tell you that the Nielsen-Massey Madagascar Vanilla Bourbon Pure Vanilla Extract, it’s good. Like, really, really good. And added into this ice cream… WOW!
The ice cream is thick and extremely creamy with a rich, sweet vanilla flavor that I’m in love with. In addition to all this goodness, it’s also eggless or egg-free… if anybody is dealing with an egg allergy and can’t have custard-based homemade ice creams.
- 3 cups (or 24 oz.) of heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup (or 8 oz.) of whole milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp. Nielsen-Massey Pure Vanilla Extract
- Pinch of salt
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients until the sugar is dissolved.
- Freeze in your ice cream maker following the directions on your ice cream maker to churn and freeze ice cream. I'm using my brand new Kitchenaid Ice Cream Maker attachment - whoo-hoo!
- After the ice cream has thickened, you can eat it immediately and it's just like soft serve ice cream or spoon it to an airtight container and store in the freezer for an additional 2 hours or more. Then you can scoop it out like store ice cream!
My only problem now is trying to figure out many miles I need to walk so that I can justify eating the whole Kitchenaid bowl full! 😉